Sunday, June 8, 2008

2008 CMA Music Fest - A Look Back

Last night I departed Nashville and flew home to Washington, DC. To my surprise there were only five people on the plane, and that included me! That goes to show you how many of the Fan Fair folks are staying til the end.

And CMA Music Fest wasn't the only event happening in Nashville. The Nashville Superspeedway hosted NASCAR's Nationwide Series last night. I thought it was cool that the two drivers interviewed the other day on Highway 16 by Jon Anthony during our CMA Music Festival broadcasts finished first and second. Congratulations to Brad Keselowski and David Stremme! Can we take credit?!?!

While we didn't get to pose in the winner's circle, I can proudly say that we offered outstanding coverage this past week. And I only hope that you feel the same. We brought you inside eleven different fan club parties. We brought you amazing late-night songwriters' performances. We aired live shows from the Chevy Stage that included rookie drivers and veteran performers. And we were even surprised with a visit from Jessica Simpson.

Tickets have already gone on sale for next year's event, and there were plenty of folks who camped out at the Sommet Center on Friday night to be first in line. If you loved this year, make plans for next. And if you've never had the chance to enjoy the CMA Music Festival in person then follow Jessica Simpson's advice and "Come On Over" to Nashville in 2009.

Time to shower and do laundry!! I'll talk to you tomorrow morning when I begin my new hours on Highway 16 - weekday mornings from 6am to Noon ET.

Jay Thomas

No comments: