Saturday, June 7, 2008

The weather's hot ... my voice is not!

Holy moly! We've always had a running joke here in Nashville that the weather always gets hot and steamy right around CMA Music Fest week. But this year, it's been truly scorching! The temps out on the streets have been well over 100, and it's even hot in the shade! We usually get a few afternoon thunderstorms, but this year, the rain has stayed away ... which is just as well, because it would just add to the humidity.

Nevertheless, the heat really hasn't kept the folks from having an awesome time! In fact, as you walk around downtown, there's a great buzz of activity at every corner!

Unfortunately for me, I was a little rough on my voice early in the festival and I'm doing everything I can to save what's left of it for the remainder of the weekend. If you've been listening to the late-night songwriters' concerts from the Hard Rock the past couple of nights, you can tell it's just about totally gone. I'm still trying to be on-air a few hours in between the live concerts and fan club parties, but you might not recognize my new froggy tone! :-)

I just left Josh Turner's fan club party -- the final recording we have slated for CMA Music Fest this year. What a great show! And a great response from his fans! Be sure to tune in over the next couple of days to hear it ... and all of the other great live programming we're bringing you!

Finally, I want to say THANKS to those of you who are tuning in and have left comments and sent e-mails to us. We know many of you wish you could be here for the festivities; we hope our coverage is the next best thing for you! Honestly, NO ONE in radio covers this festival like we do, and I'm extremely proud of our whole XM staff, who've worked so hard (and so long) to make it all happen!

Hot tea, anyone???

- Jon Anthony

No comments: