Friday, June 6, 2008

And the fun continues...

One of the performers on the Chevy Stage said today that it was 157 degrees here in Nashville. Okay, that may be a bit exaggerated, but let's just say it was HOT and STICKY! But then again, this is CMA Music Festival Week and that's par for the course.

I've had the chance to host several fan club parties this week including Mark Wills, Emerson Drive, Joe Nichols and Tracy Byrd/Mark Chesnutt. I hope you've had a chance to catch those broadcasts because each of those events has featured some terrific performances.

And today Producer J and I worked the Chevy Stage in front of the Sommet Center, where acts like One Flew South, Julie Roberts, Michelle Wright and Hot Apple Pie performed. What a show!

I even met Abe Lincoln as he wandered through the crowd today. Who knew he was an artist - on Honesty Records I guess. Heck, who knew he was still alive. But I have the photo to prove it.

The XM staff has been working long, hard hours to bring you the 2008 CMA music Festival. I hope you've enjoyed it. And of course there's still more to come Saturday and Sunday. And if you're not in Nashville and want to be here please know that single day tickets are apparently still available.

Jay Thomas

2 comments:

Jona said...

It's awesome what XM does for us who can't attend the CMA fest. A big Thank you to all the crew from a fan in Norway :)

DaveBrz said...

I am here in Nashville attending Fan Fair and will second what jona has said as I have seen the crew working to make it all happen for the listeners. Can't wait to hear the rebroadcast of the parties.

Jay, I will vouch for you that you did meed Abe and that the photo was not a photoshop.