Friday, June 6, 2008

Live From the Chevy Stage!

Hi!! Amy Paige here. This is my 2nd CMA Fest and I’m so excited to be a bigger part of it this year! I spent the larger part of my day broadcasting live from the Chevy Stage on the Sommet Center Plaza. What a great day!!! The sky was blue, there were little puffy clouds here and there and even though it was hot, there was just enough of a breeze to keep it from feeling unbearable.
Love the Chevy Stage. Don’t have to fight for a good view and it gives you a chance to see some Nashville’s stars on the rise. It reminded me of the shows my old radio station would host on the plaza at the World Trade Center in NYC. Back then, the up and comers were The Dixie Chicks, Keith Urban and Phil Vassar. Maybe you’ve heard of them?

These bands rocked the Chevy Stage!! From Lucky Bucks to Kingbilly, each act brought something unique to the “party”. Especially Sonny Burgess! He was the Texas swing guy who sang, “The More I’m Around Some People, The More I Like My Dog”. His sound was a little different than what you’d normally hear on Highway 16 and if you like his style, you’ll want to check out AMERICA on XM-10.

I was fortunate enough to be under the broadcast tent with my good friend Joyce Rizer. Thank goodness, the two of us make the dude from the movie Powder look like he’s got a tan. As I looked out over the sea of heads I couldn’t help but think, “Gosh I hope these people are drinking enough water and wearing SPF 50”. Apparently they WERE drinking enough, just not water. By the time we bid farewell, the smell of sunblock and beer filled the air!

1 comment:

Jona said...

It is cool to get to hear some of the rising stars. I have to check out Sonny Burgess, I like the Texas kind of country too.